Monday, January 22, 2007

Does this kid want to hear the Gospel?


I wonder how many of us would pass this young person up for someone who looks a little more like us. Truth is, someone like this wears distress on the outside while most do a pretty good job of hiding it. To me, this kid is screaming for someone to listen, and even take her seriously enough to hold a meaningful conversation. How much more meaningful of a conversation than sharing the Gospel!
Kegan and his girlfriend were much like this young lady. They are popularly characterized as "Goths." I met them outside of a movie theater. Although Kegan had an interesting opinion about the Ten Commandments and his girlfriend claimed to be angry at God, they stood and listened. They were patient and engaged. Listen now as Robert shares the gospel with them.
NOTE: In the interview,I make reference to a "Quad" which is a single volume containing The book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price and the King James bible.

6 comments:

Neil said...

I appreciate your ministry and your blog. Keep it up!

Neil said...

P.S. That is cool that you have the audio. That can help people learn how to start conversations and engage people.

Do the kids know they are being recorded?

Robert said...

Hey Neil, Thanks for your comments. Yes, every recording is made with verbal permission. Many of my interviews include this.

Robert

Anonymous said...

Robert,

Great blog. I heard you on WOTM radio. The evangelism group I am a part of here in Seattle has a blog too. We were wanting to add the audio like you do. Could you tell me how you record (would my Ipod voice recorder work?)the interviews and how you post them.

If you ever have time and would be interested check us out at: openairseattle.blogspot.com

Keep up the good work!

God bless

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant to tell you my name!!!

Scott

Thanks.

Robert Tewart said...

Hey Scott, I'd be glad to give you some details if you contact me directly at Th3zs@aol.com