Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Christian bookstore clerk


A few weeks ago I posted an audio of a conversation I had with a national call-in line advertised on a Christian radio station. It might have been the most lacking “gospel” explanation I have ever heard. If anything, it was just a confused mess; Words and sentences that barely made any sense at all. The response from listeners was very interesting. Some mocked and laughed and others voiced concern and sadness. They wondered how this could be considered a gospel presentation at all. Whatever your response, the truth is that it was a sobering exposure of how unspecific the gospel has become to many. This was an individual who was presumably trained for witnessing.

Since then I have asked other professing Christians what it means to be born again. You might be surprised by their answers. Hopefully this will make you think about how you would answer. What if you were standing before Jesus tonight and asked this question by Him? This audio is a very short, but it gives an idea of what is happening in the church. I’m afraid as I continue asking the question, I will continue to get confused and ambiguous answers. Please listen to this audio and let it challenge you to be able to answer the question with confidence. Keep checking my journal page for my new article coming soon on “Giving an answer.”

Robert

1 comments:

Ric said...

Sad to say I've seen this everywhere.