Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mission: New York-Charles in Central Park


This witness encounter took place in Central Park not far from the Strawberry fields memorial to John Lennon. Charles was sitting on a rock selling maps and looking bored. I decided to approach him and give him a million dollar bill tract to kick things off. I have to wonder if Charles was homeless. He had a bicycle and what looked like all his belongings in an overstuffed back pack. My heart really went out to him. Listen here as I share the gospel message with Charles, and please pray that God is doing a work in his life.

4 comments:

pastorbrianculver said...

good job of being faithful to the Great Commission!!

LorMarie said...

I am utterly amazed at the number of people who don't yet know the Gospel. New York City (and surrounding suburbs) are filled with churches. I would think that more people would be familiar. Then again, I've seen lots of people hear the Gospel, "disagree" with the "I am a sinner" concept and thus form their own opinions. To make a long story short, NYC needs more open air preaching...from believers that is.

Rachel Pierson said...

Robert, I am very interested in what you are doing. I, however can't seem to hear the audio links. It lookslike something is happening when I click on it, but nothing I don't hear anything.

Rachel

Rob said...

Hi Rachel, Thanks for your kind words of encouragement!

The mp3 file seems to be downloading just fine. I hate to ask, but are you sure your speakers are on? The reason I ask is that you said that it looked like something was happening. If you are using a dial-up connection, it may just be taking awhile to download. I have also found that whenever I have used Quicktime, it will sometimes behave strangely. If you happen to be using it, consider changing your preferences to another media player such as windows media player or Real Player.

Hope this helps.