Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mission: New York - Ed at Penn Station


My last night in New York ended at Pennsylvania Station where I would catch the Long Island Railroad train back out to Islip on LI. I met Ed just before getting on the train to head out. The last man I had talked to, "Wallstreet" wasn't to keen on my recording our conversation. He thought I was up to more than just sharing my faith. "Wallstreet" still talked to me, it just didn't get recorded. Listen to how Ed went from knowing "for sure" there was nothing after death, to being pretty open to the message I had to share with him. The gospel message never ceases to amaze me. I've shared it many times and I'm always in awe of how it can take a person's opinion, attitude and presuppositions and throw them out the window. It sears the conscience like a hot iron.

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

0 comments: