Sunday, February 24, 2008

Postmodern frog

Often times I run across people who have a post-modern mind set. That is, their thoughts on religion, morals, right or wrong are based on relative individual perception. It's an "If it's right for you than I'm happy for you" mentality. And so it is with Christianity in their estimation. They will dissagree with the claims of the bible or Jesus but they won't tell me I'm wrong. Or, they will assert that a particular bible verse is only my interpretation. My answer to that is usually something like this: "Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6) How do you interpret that?



The problem is that we can't get away from the fact that the Bible and the claims of Jesus are exclusive. Some might call it intolerant or judgemental, but if we didn't make that distinction, then life would look something like this frog----er, orange, no, wait....

0 comments: