Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Building Foundation

Here is an email I received from a brother that attended the Ambassadors' Academy with me back in April. We didn't serve on the same team, but we were all touched by Vic's testimony and baptism in the ocean at Huntington beach. Vic's words are such an encouragement and I wanted to share them here. he was kind enough to give his permission. Thanks Vic, for your faithfulness.
Robert

Brothers and Sisters,

Today my wife and I attended a new church (as we've been looking for one where the Word is preached expositionally). It's a tiny church called Cleveland Park Bible Church, and it was founded in 1939. I'd estimate that there were about 75 to 100 people there this morning. I have passed by this church so many times in my life that it's not even funny. But I never "noticed" it really. I am here to tell you, the Word WAS PREACHED expositionally. To boot, the pastor that preached was probably the 3rd guy in the line-up, and a lay person at that. Magnificent! Unbelievable! He preached Jude. The hymns were done with a piano, and they were: The Church's One Foundation, How Firm A Foundation, and the one about which I'm going to write the words for you here, Am I A Soldier of the Cross. As we sang I had tears in my eyes because I thought of our Lord Jesus Christ, this war we are in with such high stakes for the lost, and also about all of you. I miss you all so very much. Keep fighting this good fight, brothers and sisters, run this race with sure and steady feet at a marathon's pace, and endure to the end.

I love you, In Christ, Vic

Am I a soldier of the cross, a follower of the Lamb?And shall I fear to own His cause, or blush to speak His Name?Must I be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease,While others fought to win the prize, and sailed through bloody seas?Are there no foes for me to face? Must I not stem the flood?Is this vile world a friend to grace, to help me on to God?Sure I must fight if I would reign; increase my courage, Lord; I'll bear the toil, endure the pain, supported by Thy Word. Amen.

1 comments:

Dennis said...

It is time for all of His followers to get out there and do what He commands - Preach the Gospel. Soon it will not be lawful in this country and we need to increase our army of soldiers for Jesus Christ. For example: Here's a snippet of a story "An Ohio county public library has closed its meeting rooms to the public rather than allow them to be used by a Christian group.
"