Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lake Arrowhead #1


My family spent Fourth of July week at a church family camp in the San Bernardino mountains. There was plenty of teaching, fellowship and food along with a volleyball tournament and plenty of free time to hike, explore or just relax. Nothing was planned for the night of the Fourth, so I took the opportunity to go to Lake Arrowhead Village and preach to the crowds. I only had about three hundred tracks which went really fast (there were thousands of people). If I had thought about it before leaving home in Arizona, I would have brought lots more, but with getting ready for the trip it slipped my mind.

I did a few one on one witness encounters, but the majority of my time was spent open air preaching while my evangelism team--okay my kids-- handed out tracks. I'll write more about that next time. The first people I talked to was a group of teenagers that were standing near the docks. The young man with the short blond hair on the right was a preacher's kid. With a little probing I found out that he was depending on his good works to get him to heaven. I urged him to look at Ephesians 2:8-9 along with giving them all the good person test. They were kind enough to be polite and I really do think that they were listening, but I don't think they expected to be confronted with the gospel when they planned this evening.

0 comments: