Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stay out of "The Shack"

You may recognize this book. Maybe you've even read it. It is moving through the church like wildfire mainly through a grass roots distribution. Christian artist and high profile evangelicals alike are raving about this book. But is is God honoring or flat out heresy? I haven't read it, but I trust the reviews that I have gotten on it from Christian leaders I trust. Tony Miano has posted some very helpful videos on his blog. I found the comments by Pastor Mark Driscoll most compelling. Check out the reviews and videos here.

2 comments:

JD said...

The Shack was a blessing to me.

Robert Tewart said...

JD. We have to base our theology and doctrine on knowledge of the truth and God's Word. Something being a "blessing" can mean many things including effecting our emotions or feelings on a subject. Did you watch the video from Mark Driscoll. It is to the point and succinct. Check it out if you haven't and let me know what you think.