Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tract Rack by Jack

A couple of months ago, my pastor called me in for a meeting. I knew it had to do with my ministry in evangelism, but I wasn't sure what he wanted to talk about specifically. We spoke mostly of what I was up to and how the street ministry was progressing. He then asked me about putting a couple of tract holders in the sanctuary foyer. "Great idea" I said, and I went to work looking online for a suitable display case.


They were a little on the pricey side with shipping and all, so I began to think about building one myself. After considering this for about thirty seconds, I was confronted with the ugly memory of the doghouse debacle from years past (details not necessary).


That's when I began to look within our church body for a craftsman worthy of this task. Jack Hanko was my man, and for this I give him a heartfelt thanks. What you see in the photos is Jack's creation. It means so much more than anything I could have found online. And..........he made two! Hats off to this great craftsman for his efforts.


This rack has eighteen over sized pockets for a variety of different tracts as well as three bigger pockets below for other materials. The construction plans for this rack will soon be available from Jack. If you would like them, please send me an email and I would be happy to send them.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is really cool...I am going to get the plans and modify it for my home. There is a small wall by the back door out to the garage and it will be a great place to have them handy! Thanks!