Monday, January 5, 2009

Clear as Mud...Again


This is a re-post from way back. Just thought I'd try my hand at a blog rerun! Actually, I wasn't getting much traffic when I originally posted this although it got some air time on Way of The Master radio. There will be one or two more "reruns" coming soon. Enjoy.

While listening to a popular Christian radio station, I heard a promotion for a number to call if you needed to learn more about a "relationship with Jesus Christ." Since this is exactly what StreetFishing is about, I was interested in how they would present me with the gospel. I wasn't prepared for what I was about to hear though. As a believer, this phone call left me perplexed. It didn't even closely resemble any gospel presentation I've ever heard. I wonder what the unbleliever has experienced.
The goal of this ministry is to encourage and equip others to go and share the gospel plainly and biblically. Much of what we hear today is a product of modern methods that are targeted at a specific audience and that are seeker sensitive rather than biblically sound. The peson on this call however didn't even use anything remotely seeker sensitive. He didn't make sense at all in my opinion. Let me know what you think. Listen here as Robert calls this national phone-in line.

3 comments:

Noiz said...

This has got to be one of the craziest things I've ever heard!! I think I am officially dumber having listen to that guy's so called gospel! The recording almost sounds like a skit, but I don't think anyone could make that sort of thing up.

I think Your closing remark sums it up best, "I have no idea what that was just all about!"

Wayne Dawg said...

I thought this was one of those joke calls. The guy trying to explain 'something' sounded like he had a little too much to drink (or smoke).

I agree with Noiz; I feel dumber for listening to it.

"Do you believe in the Jesus I gave you today?"

Uh, no.

Nathe said...

Hey Robert,
that was a pretty pathetic attempt to present the gospel. You should call them back again and see if you get the same guy and witness to him.
thanks for the post,
Nathe