Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Poetry from Emeal (E.Z.) Zwayne #1

If you've ever been to a Living Waters event like Transformed, Deeper or the Ambassadors' Academy, perhaps you've gotten a little insight or glimpse into the world of the staff and leadership there.

One such glimpse I had was during the classroom portion of my Academy training last year. Emeal (E.Z.) Zwayne is the Executive Vice President of Living Waters Publications. He gift for the use of words is fascinating. Not only is he a passionate speaker on fire for evangelism and God's Word, but a rapper (if only for the benefit of those around him and for his own amusement) and poet.
I will post a few of his poems starting with this one:
HOPE

What is it that you hope in?
Is it riches, is it fame?
To climb the corporate ladder
So that all would know your name?

Do you hope to be the toughtest,
The roughtest of ‘em all?
The biggest, bravest giant
That will make the rest look small?

Do you hope to rule the world
And conquer every land?
To make everyone your servant
And your wish as their command?

Is your hope in your appearance;
The apparel that you wear?
To have the finest wardrobe
And the picture perfect hair?

Is your hope to gain possessions
Or find the perfect mate?
To be the most artistic
And wondrously create?

Is your hope in finding pleasure
Of every sort and kind?
Or seeking after knowledge
As to satisfy your mind?

What is it that you hope in
What will you gain or earn?
I tell you if it’s temporal
Then it’s guaranteed to burn


I put my hope in Jesus
I await his soon return
He’s my greatest treasure
For Him alone I yearn


By: Emeal (“E.Z.”) Zwayne

0 comments: