Thursday, February 19, 2009

Poetry from Emeal (E.Z.) Zwayne # 3

LOVE

Love me not with words
Speak of patience
Show me haste
Speak of kindness
Show me meanness
What a waste, what a waste

I’m not jealous
Yet you envy
I’m not boastful
Yet you gloat
I’m not rude
I’m not selfish
Yet that’s not what you promote

Talk o f calmness
Talk of peace
Walk in anger
Walk in rage
Talk forgiveness
Yet not cease
Holding grudges
Old with age

I hate unrighteousness
You say
Yet applaud it
Everyday
I hate lies
Yet devise
Sneaky schemes
And foul play

I’ll stick it through with you
Believe in you
And hope the best
Yet in the time of trouble
This was not at all expressed

So love me not with words
For words shall not prevail
Love me in deed and truth
For true love shall not fail


By: Emeal (“E.Z.”) Zwayne

0 comments: