Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spam, Evangelism, and The Shack

This is a post from pastor Jeremy Jernigan of Central Christian Church of the East Valley in Mesa, Arizona. He writes:

"In light of my post last week where I interviewed the author of The Shack, I’ve again heard the ongoing battle of how we approach sharing our faith. Recently, I’ve heard different people talk about the damage that can be done by the book, The Shack, which honestly, I think is a bit absurd. So I want to take the opportunity to voice my concerns with evangelism on the opposite end of the spectrum.
There was an interview that World magazine did with author and speaker Mike Bechtle. In it, he coined a term called “spam evangelism” that I think nails a lot of the current styles of “spreading” Christianity today whenever we try and do it outside of a relationship. He shared a personal story to make his point:"

Click here to read the rest of this post Please leave Jeremy some comments concerning his views on evangelism. Remember to communicate all things in love.

0 comments: