Saturday, March 14, 2009

Update on Spam, Evangelism, and The Shack

On my last post, I cut and pasted an article from the blog of Associate Pastor Jeremy Jernigan over at Central Christian Church of the East Valley in Mesa, Arizona.


Since then, a reader to this blog has brought it to my attention that Pastor Jernigan has for whatever reason chosen to revise his post effecting the following change.


The original post read,


· "Recently, I’ve heard different people talk about the damage that can be done by the book, The Shack, which honestly, I think is a bit absurd."

But he changed it now to remove that part so it currently reads:

· "Recently, I’ve heard different people talk about the damage that can be done by the book."


I feel compelled to bring this to light so that my original post would not appear inaccurate if compared to the original by others. Since his original post, the subsequent comments by readers there has been lively to say the least. That is mainly why I am bringing this to light.


I have also brought this to the attention of Pastor Jernigan by email and he has given me a reason for the change which is acceptable...as long as he states it publicly on his blog. I do not mean to "expose" anything. I only want to remain accurate and above reproach in my writing. Especially because of the spirited exchange this has caused at his blog.

0 comments: