Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Open Air Preaching: First Friday

As part of a downtown revitalization effort, Phoenix has something of an art fair on the first Friday of each month. It's commonly referred to as "First Friday." There are works of art on all levels being offered in galleries as well as those being sold flea market style on lawns and sidewalks. There are usually various bands playing here and there and plenty of colorful characters walking about.


Often times we are heckled by the Mill St. Atheist that like to follow local evangelism teams around to different events with their own p.a. equipment. This night was different. I managed to avoid their interference and was able to preach a number of times uninterrupted.

As always, I had a case of the nerves right before preaching. I have found that starting with a passage from the bible gives me the much needed confidence to go on with the message.

Listen here as I address the crown in my first open air of the night while the rest of the team handed out gospel tracts and prayed.

0 comments: