Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Pastor's Conversation With A Lost Man

Awhile back, I posted a few articles and links concerning William P. Young's novel The Shack. Suffice it to say, there has been a whirlwind of controversy in evangelicalism surrounding book and author. I have made it abundantly clear that I believe that this book poses many dangers to both believers and non-believers alike. The above link will take you to the blog of associate pastor Jeremy Jernigan concerning his interview with Young.


The reason it was of particular importance to me was that Young has been invited to speak next month at Central Christian Church of the East Valley, My former place of worship for nine years up until 2005. There are many people at Central that are still close to my heart and I have taken steps to get information into their hands concerning this controversy. What God decides to do with that is completely His business-not mine.

It seems that once again, pastor Jernigan is engaged in a controversial "conversation" with a man concerning his (the man's) homosexuality. Rather than comment on the full discussion here, I will post an article below from my friend Steven's blog.

As our dear brother John Calvin said "A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent."In light of a blog post, posted by Jeremy Jernigan (teacher @ Central Christian Church of the east valley) that has a conversation between him and a openly gay man of the name of Kimeron. I tried to post a acomment on Jeremy's blog http://tomorrowsreflection.com/ but for some reason or an other it would not be posted, so I thought that I would post on my blog what I intended to on Jeremy's. I am not writing this on an attack against gay's, I am writing this in attack of a proffessing believer not obeying his master and withholding the truth from a sinner, and refusing to preach truth to man that is need of a savior, not just becuase he is gay but because he has sinned against a Holy God and we are called to share with every man and women the good new s of salvation ( Matt 28:19).

Click here for the rest of this article.

0 comments: