Monday, June 15, 2009

And The 'Cone of Shame' Goes To...


My pastor brought this our attention by reading President Obama's proclamation to the entire congregation. I wanted to share my thoughts here, but then I ran across Tony Miano's comments and really, he says it all about as consisely and to the point as possible.



...President Obama.


Since so many lost people, including many who profess to be Christians, see President Obama as a type of messiah, he must be seen as a spiritual figure in this country. As such, he must also be looked upon as a spiritual teacher to the masses. And since aspects of his theology are welcomed in apostate churches and pseudo-Christian movements (such as the Emergent Movement) around the country, I think it reasonable to include President Obama in the growing cadre of false teachers.

... Not with the audacity of hope, but with the audacity of sin, President Obama calls all Americans to celebrate the depravity of man in some of its most grotesque forms



President Obama, who bears much bad fruit as a false convert, has said and done many things over the last several months to earn the dubious Cone of Shame; and he may receive it multiple times before his presidency draws to a close. But for this first award, I will focus on what he did on June 1, 2009.


On June 1, 2009, President Obama proclaimed June 2009 to be LGBT Pride Month. The proclamation ends with the following:


NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the
United States, do hereby proclaim June 2009 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and
Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to turn
back discrimination and prejudice everywhere it exists.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this first day of June, in
the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United
States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.


Not with the audacity of hope, but with the audacity of sin, President Obama calls all Americans to celebrate the depravity of man in some of its most grotesque forms. And he does so while having the audacity to close the proclamation by referencing the date with the phrase "the year of our Lord. "Whose "Lord," Mr. President? Not "our" Lord, Mr. President. For you and I worship different gods. My GOD is the God of the Scriptures. Your god is the god of this world--a god who relishes in sinful people exalting sexual sin with a Presidential Proclamation.So, on this the fourteenth day of June, in the year of "my" Lord two thousand nine, I present to you the "Cone of Shame."



0 comments: