Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Evangelical Virtues

This is a really good post from Time Challies. He is always balanced and seeks to discern truth and trends. Read on for a great observation concerning Rob Bell's new controversial book and current growing views on the doctrine of Hell.


I don’t want to keep talking about Rob Bell. Honest. And in this post I am only going to touch on him on the way to something else. I think the uproar about his view on hell has helpfully illustrated what passes as virtue in the evangelical world today. As I have read some of the controversy, reading particularly from those who have taken his side, I have seen evidence of three characteristics that seem to pass as virtues today. In some parts of the Christian world, these are now embraced as Christian virtue: doubt, opaqueness, and an emphasis on asking rather than answering questions.

Continue reading.....

0 comments: