Friday, December 2, 2011

A History, The Kettle and The Gospel

Each year, as part of our normal evangelistic efforts, we approach the familiar red kettles and bell ringers of the Salvation Army with the message of the Gospel.  In past years, I have engaged them verbally with a brief history of the organization they are serving as an ice breaker. Then I have made my way into sharing the Gospel with them. Most were gracious and even thankful that I spent some time talking to them.

This year I got to volunteer along with other co-workers in ringing the bell. Believe me, these folks have nothing but time on their hands while minding the red kettle. Your time spent with them will be welcomed.

This year, I'm doing things a little differently. I'm still talking to people, but I'm leaving them with a brief history/gospel tract page. Maybe we'll also tape candy canes to them for a festive touch.

Click Here to view a printable version of our Brief History/Gospel  page.


0 comments: